What is Kanlungan
· A Christ-centered organization founded on God’s love to serve children and families in need.
· Composed of dedicated staff ministering and serving faithfully, guided by the value of unity, love, faith in God, commitment, open communication, humility, justice, respect, acceptance, hard work, zealousness, generosity, honesty, flexibility and teamwork.
It is a non-stock, non-profit child caring agency serving children-in-need of special protection in the Ermita and Malate areas.
It was established in January 1998 in response to the growing menace of abuse and exploitation among street children.
It is governed by a Board of Trustees composed of men and women who understand social responsibility and justice, men and women who are committed and dedicated to serve the less fortunate children.
It is registered with the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) and is licensed by the DSWD.
It is a member of the following networks:
Our Goals and Objectives
1. Accelerate awareness upon the child and families-in-need that they are of value, thus creating interest to develop physical, emotional, social and spiritual being.
2. Reconcile the child of God, his/her family and the community.
3. Bring about changes in the living condition of the children and families-in-need in the areas of health, and education and values.
4. Provide skills training and income opportunities for children and families-in-need.
5. Encourage participation in the children’s families, community and other segments of society towards establishing a safe and healthy environment from which the children can derive a meaning in life.
6. Promote and develop empowered children to become partners, advocates and leaders in improving the lives of other children-in-need.
7. Utilize and mobilize internal and external resources to generate funds for sustainability of the programs and services.
8. Ensures that the staff receives and care, nurture and appropriate training for effective and relevant service delivery.
9. Promote and encourage active participation among children and staff in the planning, implementation and program development.
Our Programs & Services
Kanlungan sa ERMA adopts a holistic approach, with the following programs and services:
i. Helping relationship with the child starts in the streets: provision of on-site services in the streets (first-aid, counseling, health education, recreational activities, referrals, organizing street dweller group, working with street families and mobilizing communities against child abuse and neglect);
i. Located at 1625-A F. Agoncillo St., Malate, Manila with Tel# 526-1733; provides protection, temporary shelter, feeding, basic health services, referrals, crisis and psycho-social intervention, case management, informal education, skills training and income generating activities and training of Junior Health Workers (JHW);
Drop-In Center-Tunasan, Muntinlupa City
i. Located at 2nd floor, Aragon Commercial Building, Parkhomes Complex, Tunasan, Muntinlupa City; provides daytime services such as feeding, basic health services, alternative and values education, referral services, crisis intervention and initial case management;
Residential Care & Training Center, San Pedro, Laguna
i. Located at No. 13 Sta. Maria St., Phase 1-B, Block 5, Lot 5, Pacita Complex Subdivision, San Pedro, Laguna with Tel# 847-6598; provides home environment for the child’s character development, home for the orphaned, abandoned, neglected and abused children; provides residential and skills training activities, formal and alternative education, psycho-social interventions and expressive therapies, and case management.
It involves extension services to children who have been reconciled
with their families such as educational assistance, responsible parenthood training,
family counseling, livelihood assistance and case management.
AdvocacyConducting social awareness seminars to churches, schools, law enforcement agencies and other civic organizations; mobilizing and organizing volunteers; training of junior advocates; musical advocacy through the Kanlungan Children's Chorale.